When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

February 2, 2010

Delicious Dr. Pepper Cake Recipe (YUM!)


One of my best friend's birthdays was this past weekend. Her favorite flower is a gerbera daisy, her favorite color is blue and her favorite drink is Vanilla Dr. Pepper, which by the way, she has me pretty hooked on too!

I wanted to bake her a Dr. Pepper cake and searched the web. There are several recipes out there, some called for marshmallows and peanut butter even. I finally settled on one from http://www.cooks.com/.

Dr. Pepper Cake Recipe:

1 c. butter
1 c. Dr. Pepper
4 T. cocoa
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. soda
2 c. flour
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Heat butter, cocoa and Dr. Pepper. Mix well and set aside.

Cream eggs, sugar, buttermilk and soda. Add flour and cinnamon alternately with Dr. Pepper mixture, then vanilla.

Pour into greased and floured 9x12 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. Ice with Dr. Pepper Icing.

Dr. Pepper Icing Recipe:

1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. Dr. Pepper
3 T. cocoa
1 (16 oz.) box powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts (I used pecans)

This cake was delicious and very moist. I didn't taste the Dr. Pepper like I was hoping we would, but it was a big hit and my friend said her favorite part was the icing. Very chocolatey and very yummy!

Linked to:
Tasty Tuesday on Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I came across your blog I love crafty stuff and can't wait to check out your Etsy shop.

    I'm a new follower from Follow Friday. You can find me blogging here:

    http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

    ReplyDelete