Decoupaged wooden letters make great gifts for birthdays, baby showers, etc. I love to add color to my girls' rooms with them. You can use just about any paper and embellishments you have on hand.
For this project, you will need:
- Wooden letter
- Scrapbook paper
- Misc. embellishments (buttons, rhinestones, ribbon etc.)
- Mod Podge
- Paint (unless you purchase a prepainted letter)
- Foam Brush
1. Lay your letter face down on the back of the paper and trace. You can do the whole letter one paper if you like or chose two like I did here.
2. Cut the letter out with your scissors or craft knife and set your paper letter aside for later.
3. Paint around the edge of your letter, slightly going onto the front.
4. After your paint has dried, apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the front of your letter and quickly place your paper on it.
At this point your letter should look like this. Let it dry while watching for any bubbles you may need to smooth out. You can use your fingers or a brayer to do so.