Recently I was handed a BUNCH of lemons. Lookee here aren't they beautiful?
• Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed from 6 large lemons (1-1/2 cups, organic lemons if you can find them)
• 1 cup of sugar, granulated - more or less to taste
• 6 cups cold water
• Freshly made Ice cubes (old ice picks up freezer odors ...dump them and start over)
Note: The sugar and water does not have to be boiled but the quality of the lemonade is improved if you boil them in a pan for 2 minutes, chill and then add the lemon juice. (I didn't do this, but I still loved our lemonade. I will try it next time).
• In a large pitcher, combine the freshly squeezed lemon juice, granulated sugar and cold water
• Stir briskly to dissolve the sugar completely
• Garnish with lemon slices (didn't do this either, but it would make a wonderful presentation)
Remember, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade!
I'm participating in...