When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

April 7, 2010

A Littlest Pet Shop Birthday!

My oldest turned 7 a couple of weeks ago and she wanted a Littlest Pet Shop Party. Well actually, she wanted a sleepover, but I am just not up for that yet! So here is what we did...

This was the front door. I used white poster board and foam letters. I printed the pets out on regular paper, K colored them and we backed them with colored cardstock.


These were her invites. Again I just printed them on white card stock, used Littlest Pet Shop stickers to dress them up and found some scraps from my paper stash for the background.


This was the "Adoption Center". Each pet had a "code" on them. What I did was punch out circles and hearts from colored cardstock and made little tags for each pet. I put matching tags in a bowl and had the girls draw a tag and match it to the pet they would adopt. I wish I had taken a better picture of the little cards at the back of the table. They had codes on them too that matched the pets. The cards gave the pets characteristics. For example:

Pink Panda
Body Color: Pink
Eye Color: Gold
Favorite Accessory: Paint Brush
Likes: Art
Dislikes: Going to Bed Early
Most Likely to Be Found: Creating Something.
Adoption Date: March 27th

(The idea for the cards came from the Littlest Pet Shop Ultimate Handbook.)


After the girls adopted their pets, they headed over to the craft table to decorate their pet's new home. I got the little colored takeout boxes from Hobby Lobby and just put out markers, stickers and other embellishments. Imagine how happy I was to realize that everything I had was self adhering so I didn't need to put the glue out afterall! This table was a huge hit! It was so quiet for about 45 mins. while they worked.


Here is K's finished box and her little pet. Very cute!


For the cupcakes.... The bakery at the local grocery store had some very colorful chocolate and white cupcakes. I made the little picks (with some help from a friend) with white cardstock, Pet Shop stickers, colored cardstock and toothpicks.


Here is the table.

And a closeup of my very first cupcake tower ever! Lucky we have many, many Littlest Pet Shop figurines to add to the fun!


Of course you can't forget the other munchies. We adults need some party sustinance too!

I would so love to share pics of the kiddos in action, but since I promised hubby I wouldn't post pics of the girls, I can't very well post pics of their friends either.

Just know, we had a happy daughter and happy friends that day! :)

(Credit for invite wording and adoption center idea goes to Nicole at Whimsy Love)

For more Littlest Pet Shop Party ideas visit these links:


I am linking to...



UndertheTableandDreaming



18 comments:

  1. so cute... my daughter love those little critters too. Great job, mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the adoption center idea... I've been wanting to do something similar for my oldest but never thought of littlest pet shop. And the little take out boxes were perfect! I was just looking at those at a local craft store!

    Thanks for linking up today.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute party! I love the adoption center too!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Lanie - I'm sure your daughter had a wonderful time! I love doing theme birthdays for my kiddos, although in the middle of it I'm always saying "what was I thinking?" LOL!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the take out boxes as houses! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining the Celebration Party! Such a super cute theme! I just adore the adoption table - so clever! Your cupcake tower looks fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love the "adoption center" idea and the cupcake tower is so cute! I am planning my little guy's 1st b-day party and am always on the look out for creative inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My little girl would love that! What a great idea!!
    I've visiting from Follow me Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great party! I'm sure your little lady had a blast! the decorations are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lanie - I'm featuring your party today - Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks for joining the Celebration Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This party looks like so much fun! What a good Mama and a lucky daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea, i am going to use some of it for my daughter's birthday (hopefully).. thanks SO much for your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the great ideas! I used almost all of them and the party was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hola que hermosa fiesta soy la fan numero 1 littlest pet shop me distes una buena idea para mi cumple

    ReplyDelete