I thought I would share a tutorial with you. I don't have pictures of the process, but plenty of finished pieces and a quick tute on how they came together.
For This Project You Will Need:
Terra cotta pot and saucer in desired size
Terra cotta spray sealant for pot
Acrylic paints in desired colors (it is great if you know the person's favorite color)
A couple of pieces of chalk
Cardstock (colored and white)
Bamboo skewer (or craft sticks)
A pretty plant/flower
For the Flower Pot and Saucer:
1. Spray terra cotta spray sealant on pot inside and out and saucer.
2. After sealant is dry, paint the bottom portion of the pot with the chalkboard paint (I didn't bother painting the inside of the pot). You may need a couple of coats to really cover it good.
3. I used painter's tape around the pot just under the rim to keep a straight line with the acrylic paint then painted the rim and the saucer. Again, you may need a couple of coats to get really good coverage.
For the Plant Pick:
1. Print your saying on white cardstock using a fun font. The saying is Miss _____ Thank You for Helping Me Grow, Love ______.
2. Cut your printed white cardstock to size and then adhere it to scrapbook paper and colored cardstock.
3. Decorate it with embellishments. Here I used paper punched flowers with a rhinestone.
4. Cut another piece of colored cardstock to size (this will be the back of your plant pick) and glue the front and back together with the bamboo skewer sandwiched in between.
5. Keep your plant in the pot you purchased it in and just set it inside the pot and stick your finished plant pick in.
6. Write Thank You on the pot with chalk.
7. Take 2 new pieces of chalk and tie a pretty ribbon around them.
Your teachers will love them!