When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

March 9, 2010

Super Easy, Super Yummy Salsa Recipe

Those of you who have been with me since this blog was called "Creations by Lanie", know that some of my posts lately are repeats from last year. My newer followers don't know that there is some great stuff "back there" so this is why I am reposting some.

This salsa recipe is also one that is too good to be missed. It's another one of those "big hit" recipes. Originally, it came out of  a recipe book we received for our wedding, but over the years I have tweeked it to be just right. I'll just tell you ahead of time I chop it in the blender to the consistency you see here, but you can just chop your veggies with a knife to get a chunkier version.

Ingredients:

1 Can Rotel Mexican
1 Can Hunts Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic
1 Bunch Green Onion
4 Roma Tomatoes
1 Bunch Cilantro
1/8 Red Onion
1 tsp. Cumin
Salt to taste

It's as easy as this.... I just pour the two cans of tomatoes into the blender then after washing my veggies, cut them down to a reasonable size and throw it all in the blender. Add the cumin and salt and blend to desired consistency.

Grab your favorite bag of tortilla chips and...

Enjoy!
Blessed with Grace

9 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty easy! I've never made homemade salsa before...we usually only eat it out at Mexican restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similiar recipe for salsa. Love it. Yours looks great too. Will have to give it a try.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I usually forget that making salsa myself is even possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe, I am hosting bunco tomorrow and will make this:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool!! I have never tried my hand at making salsa - I rarely eat it but my Hubby loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, this sounds great, Lanie!I am actually having some friends over this weekend and this recipe sounds like a winner. I think they are going to LOVE it. Thanks for sharing!!! XOXO

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. We LOVE SALSA on the weekends...the three of us curled up together...watching a movie and trying to hear it over the "crunch..crunch" of the chips and Salsa!!! This recipes sounds Yummy..thank you.

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good gravy! Where have I been? It's just been too busy here in the land of fiber and fun, and apparently I'm a whole week behind on blog reading. Phooey! I actually didn't even realize I had missed that many days. :) It's good to see that you've been busy over here!

    ReplyDelete