Here is yet another one of those projects to add to the list of ways to use up paper scraps. The possibilities for decorating domino pendants are endless with the paper, stickers, rub-ons and embellishments out there. These little cuties make great gifts too!
For this project you will need:
Domino (regular size or travel size - I used travel size for this particular pendant)Paper scraps
Alphabet stickers or rub-ons
Silver plated bail
E6000 (or other super strong glue)
Pony Beads (not shown here and optional)
1. Cut paper to size. You can either measure the domino and cut it down or lay the domino down and trace it onto the paper, then cut it out.
2. Affix letter sticker or rub-on to the paper.
3. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the domino and place the paper on it, lining up the edges.
4. Then apply another layer of Mod Podge over the paper.
5. While the Mod Podge is still wet place rhinestones or other embellishements. The rhinestones I used were so small, I dipped the tip of a toothpick into Mod Podge and used that to gently place the rhinestone where I wanted it.
6. After the pendant has dried. Turn it over and using your E6000 glue your bail to the pendant.
7. Once the glue is dried, you are ready to string up the pendant on a pretty cord or ribbon. Here, I used a couple of pony beads to dress it up a bit.
There you have it!
I'm linking to the following:
Plant a Punkin' Seed Party at Punkin' Seed Productions
It's a Hodgepodge Friday at It's a Hodgepodge Life
Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life as Lori
Look What I Made! at Creations by Kara
A Little Craft Therapy at Life in the Pitts
Strut Your Stuff at Fireflies and Jellybeans