When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

April 17, 2010

Saturday Featured Blog... Life in the Pitts

Hey all! Hope your Saturday turns out to be FANTASTIC! I'm excited to tell you about my featured blog for this week! It is Life in the Pitts!



Life in the Pitts
 

I love her blog and her name. Not often I come across another Lanie. Her blog is full of really fun crafts and each week she holds a linky party called A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts. Super fun and fabulous projects can be found there.
Lanie also has an adorable Etsy shop called Made in the Pitts. After you read her interview, you really must go have a look see. She makes adorable handmade checkerboards and picture frames. Like me, she is a lover of mod podge and paper.


Here is her little interview. My own comments are added in pink. Why? Because I just couldn't resist!
Please tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a newlywed (I think. Does 9 months of marriage still count as newlywed?), and I'm still getting used to this whole being married thing. Yes! 9 months definitely counts as newlywed and I have been married 8 years and I'm still getting used to this whole being married thing too! :)

This past year I got engaged, got married, and moved across the country so my husband could start Dental School here in Pittsburgh.

It took me a while to find a job (Mostly because the job market is tough. But also because I was lazy), and so I started blogging to fill my time. But then I discovered craft blogs. And became obsessed.

Please give a little insight to what your blog and Etsy shop is about.
I blog about my life, and my life includes crafts. But it also includes friends, family, and my adorable, but super frustrating, new husband. I try to keep it funny and entertaining. I guess it's just about my life here in the Pitts.

My Etsy shop is brand new, and I mostly sell handmade checker boards (they are awesome). And wall art. And I'll probably branch out and sell other stuff once my sewing machine is fixed. You should probably check it out. Most definitely!

What made you start blogging/crafting?
Boredom. And peer pressure. I was told that all good wives blog, and so I didn't have much of a choice. Once I found all those awesome crafty sites- Craftaholics Anonymous, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Ruffles and Stuff, etc- I couldn't help but craft.

Plus I live across the street from a Michaels store. A crafter's bliss!

Who does your blog appeal to?
Um, everybody? Well, I like to think so. Maybe... people who like to laugh?

What do you love about blogging?
The comments. I check my email like 7 times a day, looking for comments. I love the external validation.
You know you do it too. Yes...yes I do!

What do you hope to accomplish with your blog/shop in the future?
For my shop, I'd like to sell stuff. That's kind of my only goal. And I don't really have any goals with my blog, either. Just keep writing, I guess.

What are 3 of your most favorite posts on your blog?





Please share some of your favorite blogs with us.

Craft blogs:


Please share your top 3 favorite Etsy Shops:

Ooh, this is hard. I have like 75 I heart on Etsy. Maybe...


Thanks Lanie for being my featured guest today. I really enjoyed getting to know you better and can't wait to see more of your blog. Don't forget to grab an "I was featured" button from the right side bar.
The rest of you have a great weekend and be sure to pay Life in the Pitts and Made in the Pitts a visit! You won't regret it!

3 comments:

  1. Boredom and peer pressure are sometimes a good thing :) nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. She was my 200th follower and she is full of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Life in the Pitts, great blog and she has fabulous projects. Great talent!

    ReplyDelete