When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

May 8, 2010

Saturday Feature, A Blog Swap with Pure Joy!

I am so very excited to have Jamie from Pure Joy here today!  Please be sure to check out Jamie's blog and Etsy shop. I promise you will not be sorry! She is very talented and has a heart of gold! So, without further delay, I'll turn it over to you Jamie...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hey there! Thanks for letting me steal the show for a day Lanie! I'm so excited to be over here today...let's get comfy and chat and get to know one another... I get a little wordy sometimes so bear with me!

My name is Jamie and I'm the woman behind Pure Joy! I've been blogging for 6.5 years! Yes, that's a little crazy. It started as a way to communicate with the kids in my youth group...it turned into a family blog and still is, but now it's a family blog with fun...crafts, giveaways, tutorials, photos of my cute kids, you know, the usual stuff.

My husband and I met in college in Wisconsin, got married after a year of dating and a two year engagement. We moved to St. Louis so he could attend the Seminary to become a Pastor in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. We were blessed with our first child Naomi during his last year of school. We moved to Texas were Greg received his first call to serve as Associate Pastor. Our cute little man, Micah, was born 10 months after we moved to Texas. I'm currently cooking our third child who will be another Texan and born sometime in the month of October. So, there's my family life in a nutshell.

I love staying home with my kids and am so blessed that my hubby works so hard in order for me to do just that. I also work as a photographer and have an etsy store to help pay some of the bills. In my spare time (when the kids are in bed) I love to sew, (mostly decorative stuff and clothes for my kids...I'm learning how to use patterns but I'm not a big fan!), I paint, I make felt food and just love to surf blogs and update mine!

Here is the most recent photo I have of all four of us together, from Easter.I worked on this name sign for a friend of mine.
She wanted something that represented
her husbands name and hobby!
I think it turned out pretty good.
I'd love to make one for you with your name and hobby!I love to make shirts and other fun clothes
for the little people in my life.
You can see the tutorial for this shirt here.And I love to make dresses for my daughter who wants
to wear a dress EVERYDAY!
I made this one out of a woman's skirt!
I also love to make felt food.
Although I'm not "officially" taking custom orders,
if there is anything you're interested in,
I'd gladly put you on my list!Thanks for letting me stop by and share a little bit
of the things I love with you here.
I'd love to hear what makes you happy,
what makes you smile, what you love!
Stop by my blog and say hello!!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Thanks Jamie for sharing with my readers. I am glad to call you friend!



1 comment:

  1. Love this post girlies! Glad you came together through Trendy Treehouse and I am so glad to call you both my friends as well!! :-)

    ReplyDelete