When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

May 28, 2010

Happy Memorial Day! In Special Memory of Henry....

No Friday Favorites this week. Instead I wanted to say happy Memorial Day and thank you to all those who have sacrificed for our country and freedom.


This year we remember my father-in-law Henry. Father, grandpa, husband friend who fought for our country in WWII and passed away last August, 2009. Thank you Henry, we love you and miss you!

“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” ~Joseph Campbell

5 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of my Grandfather - Navy and WWII Veteran of the Pacific Theater.

    Following from FF. Hope to see you on my blog

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Thanks, Henry and to all the others who have fought to protect this great country. have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! I'm your newest follower!

    If you get a chance, please follow me too at:
    http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    I am YOUR newest follower! Have a fun and friendly Friday! LOVE the barn!! Here in Texas a lot of folks do that with the Lone Star flag. Very nice! :-)

    Chris
    http://absolutely--positive.blogspot.com/

    http://www.happytrailsfromcanyon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete