When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

May 2, 2010

Monday Musings... Mothers

(My beautiful Mom at about 28 years old)

A father may turn his back on his child,
brothers and sisters may become inveterate enemies,
husbands may desert their wives, wives their husbands.
But a mother's love endures through all.
~Washington Irving

Who fed me from her gentle breast
And hushed me in her arms to rest.
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
My Mother.
~Anne Taylor

A mother is the truest friend we have,
when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us;
when adversity takes the place of prosperity;
when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us;
when trouble thickens around us,
still will she cling to us,
and endeavor by her kind precepts
and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness,
and cause peace to return to our hearts.
~Washington Irving

All women become like their mothers.
That is their tragedy.
No man does.
That's his.
 ~Oscar Wilde

I remember my mother's prayers
and they have always followed me.
They have clung to me all my life.
~Abraham Lincoln

Woman, how divine your mission
Here upon our natal sod!
Keep, oh, keep the young heart open
Always to the breath of God!
All true trophies of the ages
Are from mother-love impearled;
For the hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world.
~William Ross Wallace

All that I am, or hope to be,
I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and quotes. I am sure your Mom was a great woman and she is proud of you.

    "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;" Psalm 30:11

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so beautiful and I know it's still very fresh for you. I lost my dad 2 years ago and still feel the pain, so I know it's very, very real to you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry to hear about your mother. We are all here for you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...and so very true.

    I am also so sorry to hear about your mother. I don't get to do a lot of blog reading these days, but I just so happened to pop over to your blog this morning and I just wanted to say...thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete