When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

May 6, 2010

My Mother's Day Gift to My Self...

So, we all know, this Mother's Day is the first without my Mom. In an effort to remind myself I am very blessed to be a Mommy to 2 beautiful girls I ordered this from Etsy.

Of course I ordered it with my daughter's names and birthstones. I wanted to give a link to the wonderful shop I bought it from. Please visit Annie Reh Handcrafted Jewelry Designs. I ordered the necklace on Sunday morning. Annie said she could ship it Monday and I received it Wednesday. It is perfect and beautiful and worth the money I spent. Katie is enamoured with it and asks me if she can see it all the time. I told her it is to remind me that I am so blessed that God let me be her and Nikki's mommy. Now I am wearing my little girls close to my heart as a reminder how very special Mother's Day is, even without my Mom here. They are a part of her too and I will remember this on this Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. that is beautiful!!! I will be thinking of you Sunday. hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohh! That is beautiful!! I've been wanting to do something like that for a LONG time. Now I'm wondering if I just need to wait till the third one is here and we have a name? maybe a MD gift to myself...hmmm...

    love it Lanie! so precious! gonna go check the etsy store!

    ReplyDelete