When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

May 18, 2010

Last Day of School T-shirt Tutorial

Each year, I make my girls a "last day of school" t-shirt. I wanted to post this now so you would have time to do your own if you like.

I had to post the above picture because... well, because it's pretty! Look at those colors! They just make me happy! (It helps that they were only $.99 each too.)

Okay in all seriousness let's get on with it.


Materials needed:
  • Child's size t-shirt in desired color and size
  • T-shirt form (optional)
  • Fabric paints in assorted colors
Simply put the t-shirt over the form, smoothing out the wrinkles (I did this after I took the picture), and paint away! Let item dry overnight before painting the other side.

This is the back of my 4 year old's t-shirt.

This is the front.

This is the back of my 7 year old's t-shirt.

This is the front.

Word to the wise, buy more than one t-shirt form if you are doing more than one shirt or have a magazine handy to insert into the shirt.

I loved having my girls design the shirts with me and tell me what colors they wanted me to paint. I also loved that the shirts were only $1.50 each so this was an inexpensive way to make their last day of school this year even more fun.

If you were really brave you could hand the paints over to the kiddos and let them paint their own. I might do this next year, or make some fun "just because" t-shirts as a summer art project.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Can't wait til my little one starts (and ends) school! Newest follower from FMF.

    Wishing you and your family a great weekend!

    ~~ Kat (Momsy Katsy) ~~
    My Tots Exactly!
    My Tummy Calls
    My Game of Chance

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I've made my daughter's and she's so excited to wear it this week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete