When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

November 8, 2012

How to cure a severe diaper rash...

As you know, I have a busy 13 month old. I would like to call him a toddler, but alas he prefers crawling to walking, it is such a quicker way to get from point A to point B at this time.

Over the course of the last month, Kyle has had 3 very bad diaper rashes. Usually Boudreaux Butt Paste or Triple Paste will help, but the last rash was a real doozy. I ended up at the pediatrician's office and this was her recommendation:

Mix equal parts of the following well in a small tupperware container with a strong lid (this will make it easy to carry where ever you go).

Plain Vaseline
Original Desitin Cream
Ilex (pronounced eye-lex and is a burn cream that can be found in most hospital/clinic pharmacies sold over the counter)

Apply mixture to baby's clean and dry bottom. Then apply prescription topical Nystatin (a yeast combatant) on top of that.

I started applying the remedy around 3pm yesterday and this morning his bottom looks about 40% better already. Yay! The doc said once the rash is cleared up just to watch for it to come back, if it does, start the remedy right away.

I am so glad I went in and Kyle is much more comfortable today. Now we just need to work on the teething sore gums. Ahhh, a mother's work is never done. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment