When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

September 7, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits... Solitude


I am afraid to show you who I really am,
because if I show you who I really am,
you might not like it--and that's all I got.
~Sabrina Ward Harrison

I am only one, but still I am one.
 I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something;
and because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do something that I can do.
~Helen Keller

In solitude, where we are least alone.
~Lord Byron

Solitude is not something you must hope for in the future.
 Rather, it is a deepening of the present,
and unless you look for it in the present you will never find it.
~Thomas Merton

The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self;
it may be a sanctuary or a prison,
a haven of repose or a place of punishment,
a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it.
~John Lubbock

I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
We are for the most part more lonely when we go abroad among men
 than when we stay in our chambers.
~Henry David Thoreau

1 comment: