When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

September 9, 2010

10 minute bunting card...

In an effort to start getting some creative time in today, I decided to start participating in Gitzen Girl's You Create Challenge each Thursday.  I am inspired by her blog and her art, you really should go visit her.

With a meeting at the school, a lunch with a good friend and grocery shopping. I didn't fit the amount of creative time in that I would have liked today, so I decided to see what I could do with just 10 minutes before the bus arrived with my girls. Here is what I came up with - a cute and easy bunting card.

Outside of the card.

I used a premade card, but you can cut your own to size from regular cardstock. I simply cut triangles from leftover scrapbook paper. I drew lines for the string of the bunting and glued the triangles on. Then I just wrote a few sweet words.

On the inside, I finished the sentiment.

There you have it. Imagine if you changed the card color or scrapbook paper. Quick and cute!




6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful....I may have to steal the idea. I need to make two thank you cards before this weekend & I think this may be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet. I love handmade cards instead of store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Wish my handwriting was that neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. time limits are great catalysts for creativity! this is great, and i agree with stephanie: i love your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous in it's simplicity, thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ended up making one. I forgot to get a picture after it was finished but here's half way through. http://twitpic.com/2n7lw4

    ReplyDelete