When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

November 18, 2009

Tear Soup



With the recent loss of my mother, the book Tear Soup was recommended to me. I must say what a moving story it is and the illustrations are absolutely gorgeous. It is written by Pat Schwiebert who has been working in the area of bereavement for over thirty years.

The main character is Grandy. The story is about how Grandy has suffered a loss and makes her tear soup to get through it. The loss she suffered is left to our imagination, but grief can be caused by any loss. Not just the loss of a loved one, but a divorce, miscarraige, job loss or the loss of a lifelong dream. We all make tear soup at one time or another, but not everyone wants to share our tear soup. Sometimes the pot is bigger than other times, but it is important we all use our own recipe to make it and take our sweet time consuming it.

If you or someone you know has suffered a loss lately I highly recommend this book. It is perfect for all ages.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds very touching. A few years ago we had several family losses, it's such a tough time. I'll say a special prayer for you and your family! Welcome to the PEAR comment love project!!

    ReplyDelete