When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

November 17, 2009

Make a personalized recipe binder...

I have noticed in the past couple of weeks in my effort to catch up (do we really ever actually do that?), that making a grocery list is really tedious when all of your recipes are in 10 different books and printed slips of paper all over the kitchen desk.

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine said she kept hers in a binder. So I decided I would start collecting the ones I use the most and put them in a binder also. But I didn't want just any old binder, so the other night, I came up with this...


It was very easy to do. All you need is a basic white binder from the office supply store (the kind you can slip your paper into the plastic sleeve), pretty scrapbook paper, card stock, ribbon, a hole punch and your computer, printer.

Simply cut your scrapbook paper to size, you will need a piece for the front, back and the binding side.

Print your title on white cardstock (or whatever color you choose) and tape or glue it into place on the front scrap paper piece. I also printed the word recipes for the binding side (not shown very good in my photo). Slip your finished paper into the binder.

I used a hole punch through the plastic and the paper to make holes to tie my ribbon into.

For the interior pages, Simply fill your binder with plastic sleeves, buy some matching cardstock in different colors for your different sections (teal for dessert, pink for main dishes and so on) and print your recipes to paste on your card stock. The plastic sleeves will protect the paper from splashes and spatters while you cook.

These would make pretty Christmas gifts don't you think?

For a more detailed look at how to create one of these binders... head over to my tutorial




7 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm visiting you from SITS. Just wanted to tell you about a blog comment project for crafty bloggers specifically (There are so few of us on SITS, have you noticed?). Over at French Picnic we recently started the PEAR Comment Love Project and we'd love to find other crafty bloggers to join us! http://frenchpicnic.squarespace.com/pear-cmment-sharing-project-2/

    By the way, I love personalized recipe binders! Great idea! What a fun gift, too, especially with the holidays coming. I've always thought I'd make something like that for my boys when they leave for college and fill it with the favorite recipes we have at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Stopping by from SITS!

    www.oururbanvillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by.

    That's a GREAT idea. I have some friends who recently got married and just got their own place, this is such a great idea that they can kind of built together, with a few of our favorites already in it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get this as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to PEAR, Lanie! It's great to have you with us! I've added you to our link list on the home page (bottom left corner) along with our other members. :) That's an easy way to check for other PEAR blogs. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovet his! I have one too! Mine is not as cute though. I didn't decorate it. But for practical purposes, I used an old photo album, you know the ones with the stick pages. That way I can stick recipes to it! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it and looks really easy too! I'm gonna have to try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete