When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

June 10, 2011

Inspiration Friday (6/10/11)

Okay, so it has been a pretty busy week.

We found out we are going to have a "son". I can't believe I'm going to have a little boy! Katie fell off a skateboard and chipped her permanent front tooth and got a bloody and fat lip. Nikki lost her first tooth. And we are simply busy having summer fun.

The girls love to go to the craft store. Katie takes after me spending hours making latch hook rugs and pot holders on a loom. And they both love to draw.

Thank goodness for the drawing. Katie has a stack of her own ICADs so since I haven't kept up this week I will post ICADs 4-7 in a little bit and they will be from her ever growing stack. She has some fantastic drawings for an 8 year old! You can see ICAD #1 here, ICAD #2 here (my fave so far) and ICAD #3 here. It's also not to late to join Daisy Yellow in the summer ICAD challenge here.

I'm never to busy to peek around the web though so I thought I'd share some inpiration I have for this week...


Love, love, love these artsy canvas shoes! Gabriela Delworth has a tutorial for these and more on her wonderful blog. Go check it out!


CrAzY HoUsE asks if you can say "yum"?! I'm pretty sure I could if I made this yummy looking recipe for Apple Julep!

Oh how I wish I could really sew! I would use this tutorial from Sew Like My Mom to make my girls each one of these swimsuit cover ups. Cute and fun!

Surviving Motherhood shows us how to make this patriotic and cute bunting. (A great new blog I just discovered this morning!)

YUM! Coffeehouse shared a recipe for healthy blackened tilapia baja tacos. Say that ten times real fast! Delish! :)

Would you believe this is a pasta necklace?! Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom proves they aren't just for kids with this wonderful tutorial.

Check out the tutorial for these adorable and handy little boy burp cloths at Made By Rae. They are made by using quilting cotton fabric and jersey knit cloth. Awesome!

Scrapbooking can be so overwhelming. I love Red Ted Art's Blog simplification of the process. It would be nice to just get the photos in a safe and pretty book. It doesn't have to be extravagant!

Grab a button!


Lanie J. and Co.

 
Catch ya later with Katie's ICADs! :)

4 comments:

  1. Lanie,

    Thank you SO much for featuring me! I am so honored!! :) Congratulations on having a baby boy, how exciting. I am now following you and am excited to be blog 'friends'! :)

    Thanks so much again!!!!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lanie, ty so much for including my bunting! I am so happy to have met you and found your adorable blog! I will follow as soon as GFC works again! lol

    Congrats on the boy! I have three girls so I am not sure what I would do with a boy hehe.

    And, love that drink recipe! I am going to go check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks so much for featuring my pasta necklace!!
    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including my swimsuit cover-up! You've found a lot of great projects and I've bookmarked a few for myself! :)

    Congrats on the baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete