When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

March 1, 2011

Have you seen Benjamin Button?


Holy cow! I rented this movie yesterday and finished watching it this afternoon. I was really touched by this movie. The similarities to my life are crazy ironic.

The movie opens with a woman spending time with her dying mother in a New Orleans hospital room. She is expressing her love to her mother and holding her hand. It made me remember the precious last moments with my sweet Mom.

The t.v. screen on the wall in the hospital room flashes to a hurricane approaching the coast. It is Hurricane Katrina. I was in the hospital in Houston having just gave birth to my second child when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.

In the movie, there is a 43 year old woman who gives birth. Makes me think just maybe I am not too old to have another child.

The story about life and death just really grabbed me. How very precious are the many (or few) moments we are given on this earth. Moments of joy and moments of heartache. I am again reminded of how truly blessed I am.

Some of the quotes in the movie that really stood out for me are:

Benjamin Button: Your life is defined by its opportunities... even the ones you miss.

Benjamin Button: It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you.

Benjamin Button: For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it.

Mrs. Maple: Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?

Benjamin Button: You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.

Benjamin Button: Some people, were born to sit by a river. Some get struck by lightning. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people, dance.

Benjamin Button: It's funny how sometimes the people we remember the least make the greatest impression on us.

Have you seen this movie? If so, what did you think? If not, I highly recommend it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I saw it in the theater when it came out. I really loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I rented it one day when hubby was at work. Didn't think he would care for it too much. I too loved the quotes. So true!
    Hugs,
    TARA

    ReplyDelete