When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

March 22, 2011

Sharing some big huge news!


On January 19, 2011 I celebrated my 40th birthday.

On February 15th, 2011 I ordered my first bifocals (eek!)

On February 17th, 2011 I took a pregnancy test that turned out positive!!!!! (triple eek!)

My "babies" are now 8 and 5. We have been trying for about a year and I had finally decided that I was just fine with 2 children. My body was in pretty good shape for 40 and I had been planning a creative career with my extra time and energy. Well, so long extra time and energy! Our lives are about to be rocked and our family altered in such a beautiful way. The girls are thrilled with being big sisters. Especially my little Nikki.

I have felt stifled not blogging and so I decided I'll just share and move forward. I am looking forward to the creativity this little one will spur me on to!

I am missing Mama more than ever. I would give anything to call and share with her!

I am 9 weeks today and I saw Baby J's beautiful heartbeat on the ultrasound monitor this morning. While I know this is really early to be broadcasting it to the world, I also know that life is full of beginnings and endings and if God was to change the plans for this baby I would share it with you just as I shared the loss of my mother. Life is also full of celebration and I hope you will take this journey with me.


8 comments:

  1. Ah!!!!! CONGRATS!! This totally made my week!! <3 I am so happy for you guys and the girls are going to be the best big sisters. Wishing you a very uneventful and drama free pregnancy :) Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have wanted to say something for awhile because you know how our daughters talk. So Roz rushed right in an told me...This is such a blessing!! Will be praying for an easy pregnancy and healthy baby!!Again, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! As a 31 year old...unmarried...with hopes of kids someday...these are the post that make me feel the best! Can't wait to follow your latest journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Lanie! That is so exciting for you and your family!

    On a side note, your birthday is the day after mine-yay for January babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lanie - congratulations! I am so happy for you!

    Hugs,

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is so exciting. I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see the new bundle! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. COngratulations!! So excited for you! God has WONDERFUL things in store for you, your family and that precious little baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh Lanie...what wonderful news. I'm looking so forward to reading about your newest journey and I just know it's going to be a great one...full of joy!! (our little late in life babies are so special....I had Chaz at 44 and thank the Lord everyday for him)

    HUGS,
    Regi

    I have missed you my friend...I'm so happy to have my link to the world back up and running ^_^

    ReplyDelete