When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

January 31, 2011

Monday Musings... Friends

“This party is not just for me, it's for my friends.”

~Mary Hayes

I've been away for a couple of weeks. A couple weeks ago on a Thursday, my 5 year old woke up with strep. Three days later after 3 separate visits to Urgent care on the same day, the rest of us were diagnosed with it. I haven't been that sick in a long, long time! I have lost my creative edge and my edge on my house and home. I am still working my way back!

On January 19th, I joined the ranks of the 40 and over crowd. My birthday plans for a day of shopping and lunch with a friend were "crushed" for that day as my sick 7 year old so eloquently put it. Fortunately for me, the Friday night before, my 3 friends (Gina, Chris and Aamie) surprised me with a night out at a local painting place.



We had so much fun painting, drinking red wine and eating a yummy chocolate cake. They showered me with gifts, but none as wonderful as the gift of their friendship. I love these ladies! Thank you all for making my 40th birthday so special!

Speaking of friends, my friend Gay at It's a Hodgepodge Life asked if she could interview me for a feature post on her blog. That interview was posted today! I'm hoping you will go and visit Gay today and leave a comment to tell her hello. While you are there, be sure and take a look at all her beautiful projects and ideas. I have been "blog friends" with Gay for quite some time. I am sure you will love her too! :)

What about you? Do you have fantastic "in real life" and "online" friends like I do? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to say that I have pretty awesome real life friends, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you and your friends did. That's a wonderful birthday treat!!!

    ReplyDelete