When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

July 9, 2012

Monday Musings... A space of my own

Part of my space.

This is my drawing table. I have been working to turn it into a place to channel creativity. Upon it you can find a black and white picture of my mother, a small print of a painting my mom did, a picture of my children, a rosary and added just last week, a beautiful orchid.

Habits can be hard to develop, but I realize the importance of some time to myself. It's just making myself do it. I am sure before long I will look forward to sitting at my table once I get in the groove of spending time there.

My mother, rest her soul, didn't take time to nourish herself as we were growing up. She worried a lot about my dad's wants and needs and about what us kids were doing, but she didn't take care of herself. She didn't eat right, she didn't rest when she needed to and she didn't spend time alone spiritually. At least not that I know of. Unfortunately, I have developed my mother's habits of worrying about everyone else but myself. It isn't her fault, she did what she knew and learned from her mom. I think it is time to make a generational change and do my best to save my daughters from the same attitudes.

It will start at this table.

Do you have a space of your own? Is it a corner, a table, or an entire room?


No comments:

Post a Comment