When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

June 7, 2009

Artful Penpals

So, this week I stumbled across a blog called Artful Penpals.
Shelagh (beautiful name isn't it) is an artist and mom in Nova Scotia. Her blog Alice in Paris Loves Art and Tea is full of her gorgeous colorful artwork and photos. You really have to stop by and see all her work. She also has a link to her Etsy shop. Make sure you give her some bloggy love.
Shelagh has started the Artful Penpals to help bring back the lost art of letter writing. I absolutely loved the idea because I too feel that going to the mailbox and receiving something more than junkmail or a bill can really brighten one's day.
Here is what she writes in her post:
I had written a post in my blog a while ago about the joy of the written word and how lovely it is to hold a precious letter in your hand. Exciting to go to your post box and discover a wee personal treasure just for you, waiting to be opened. I was surprised at how many people felt the same way and longed for that kind of personal touch. So I thought I would facilitate a small, return to the handwritten letter ...."festival"!
To participate, all you have to do is send one letter, the kind of letter you would like to receive, to your penpal and they will do the same in kind. Lovely stationery, big bulky, slender elegant, something enclosed, it is up to you. I will match you with a writing partner. You don't need to have a blog to sign on. I will add your name/blog to the side bar once you have signed up:)
So, go visit Artful Penpals and sign up! What are you waiting for? Registration closes on June 14 so that Shelagh can match each person up with a penpal. While you are there, visit Shelagh at Alice in Paris Loves Art and Tea. I promise you will love it!
siggie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lanie, Thanks for passing on the word:))Hope you are enjoying this lovely day!
    Cheers, Shelagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out, it does seem to be a lost art. Thanks for sharing it.
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete