When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

April 8, 2009

Sisters...

While my hubby doesn't want pics of our little girls plastered all over the Internet, I cannot resist posting these. I ran across them while organizing our digital images to maybe print some and start scrap booking.
It is so obvious how much the little one looks up to the big one isn't it?
This one is absolutely priceless! If ya have an itch ya gotta scratch it, right? Listening to their little arguments over who gets the best spot on the couch or who had the toy first reminds me of my childhood. I heard my oldest one say the other night sometimes she wishes she didn't have a sister and I took the opportunity to tell her that someday her sister will be her very best friend. The one who knows her better than anyone else and will stand by her through thick and thin. I was looked up to much the way that K is by N. I just didn't know it at the time. Five years separated us and we had many a run-in too. But, I am so glad she is my sister. Nowadays, I look up to her. M has an amazing strength and both inner and outer beauty. She has lots of patience with her children. She is the one who has been on the front lines of my mother's battle with ovarian cancer and has given so much of herself in the last 8 months. I am forever indebted to her for caring for Mom when we all are so far away. M if you read this, Mom was right on when she said God has a special place in heaven for you. I am looking forward to watching my girls grow and I know there will be rough patches here and there, but my hope is that they are truly best friends forever. Because there is nothing like the love of a sister.

6 comments:

  1. Stopped by from SITS to say hi. I think those photos of your girls are darling! They convey all the emotions without having to show their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! They are super cute, and so is your blog!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran across your blog from Little Birdie Secrets.

    Cute blog!

    From a Nebraska blogger!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! Ive always felt that couples who intentionally chose to have one child have stripped their child away from something very special. Siblings are unlike any other people, me and my brothers and sisters have insane 6th sense moments, its not even funny!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, lovin your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dropped by from Debbie's blog and love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete