When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
"I used everything You gave me."
~Erma Bombeck

 photo 050-Black-EmailIcons-.png photo 050-Black-FacebookIcons-.png photo 050-Black-PinterestIcons-.png photo 050-Black-TwitterIcons-.png 050-Black-RssIcons-.png 050-Black-InstagramIcons-.png 050-Black-EtsyIcons-.png 050-Black-BloglovinIcons-.png

October 29, 2008

Passion for calligraphy...

I really love calligraphy. The problem is that I am so much of a perfectionist, it takes me dozens of times of writing something before it passes my approval. Sometimes, I don't even approve it, but get tired of looking at it so I call it finished. There is a saying out there that an artist never finishes, he just walks away. I find that has to be true in my case otherwise I would never frame anything! This is detail from a piece I did for my brother's long awaited graduation from college. I think he approved. This is one I did for my friend for her birthday. She loves purple. If you look closely, you can see her name in the background and then several words that I would use to describe her in the foreground. What do you think? Should I custom make and sell these in my Etsy shop?

1 comment:

  1. This is an AWESOME idea and would make a perfect gift. I think you should sell them!

    ReplyDelete